Internal: Other Sales Advisors, Sales Manager, Sales Director, Sales Co-Ordinators, Site Managers, Site Assistants, Customer Care.
External: Customers, solicitors, estate agents, mortgage brokers and lenders, surveyors and sales sub-contractors (such as cleaners and gardeners).
- Achieve qualified sales reservations and meet or exceed any sales targets.
- Progress reservations through to Exchange of Contracts and Legal Completion.
- Liaise with purchasers throughout ensuring they are kept up to date with all relevant information and ensuring a first class customer service is maintained
- Update the online sales system with all relevant information from visitors to progression
- Produce reports weekly and monthly as required
- Ensure that the presentation of the sales centre, showhome(s) and stock plots(if applicable) is maintained to a high standard at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and comply with the Company Policy and Procedures at all times
- Read and comply with the Company Health and Safety policy, Consumer Code for House Builders and risk assessment
- Ensure you have all relevant information to be able to give full and accurate information to purchasers regarding the development, specification and anticipated completion dates.
- Ensure you have all relevant information required to be able to give to purchasers regarding local amenities, transport etc.
- Respond to inbound enquiries from our web site, Rightmove, telephone or any other portals, efficiently and with an immediate acknowledgment response.
- Ensure that the presentation of the site in general and that of the sales centre, show homes and if applicable stock plots both internally and externally are maintained to a high standard.
- Responsible for the sales centre cleaner and gardener and to make sure their work is of a high standard.
- Ensure on site and off site signage and flags are accurate and relevant and that all signage is erected correctly and that it is clean and visible.
- Seek extra opportunities for off site signage and forward suggestions to the Sales Manager.
- Guide potential purchasers around show homes, stock plots and site generally to fully demonstrate product, pointing out features and benefits and overcoming objections in the process.
- Ensure visitors to site are aware of Millwood’s Health and Safety Policy and risk assessment and ensure that they do not go on to site without the Site Managers prior permission and that they must be accompanied by a Millwood representative and are wearing full PPE. They must also leave their full details and sign the visitors book prior to any on site visit.
- Maintain up to date, accurate records on visitors, including source of enquiry to help with marketing data.
- Maintain regular contact with referral Agents if applicable to ensure they are motivated to provide regular client footfall.
- Ensure all purchasers are financially qualified by either their own or a recommended financial advisor or, if cash, provide proof of funds prior to reservation.
- Achieve reservations to either meet or exceed sales targets.
- Achieve full asking price for each property, any sales taken below full asking price must be only with prior approval of the Sales Manager or Sales Director.
- Ensure all relevant paperwork is accurately completed upon reservation, that all procedures are adhered to and that a full check list is completed with the purchaser(s) ensuring that all items are covered and he/she/they sign to confirm they have seen and understood the information given.
- Make sure the purchaser(s) understand the choices that have been made for the property in terms of kitchen and tiling. Any changes must be with prior approval from the Sales Manager/Sales Co-ordinator.
- Ensure any extra items the purchaser(s) wish to have included in their home either as a sales incentive or purchaser extra is first agreed with the Sales Manager.
- Liaise with the purchaser, solicitors and financial advisors on a regular basis to ensure progression from reservation to exchange of contracts to legal completion runs both smoothly and as quickly as possible
- Liaise with purchasers regularly to keep them updated of the current position and keep them informed of any changes ensuring that a high level of customer care is maintained at all times.
- Once either an unconditional exchange with a fixed date or notice has been served ensure the customer detail form is completed and sent to customer services ready for the pre-occupation inspection.
- Make sure the property is clean and ready prior to the pre-occupation inspection and that the purchaser(s) are aware that it will take up to 2 hours and that no children nor their own external contractors (curtain installers etc) can be at the appointment.
- If the Site Manger is in a position to hand a plot to sales, the necessary paperwork is completed with meter readings and send to the Sales Co-Ordinator. If there are any outstanding items to be completed do not accept the property.
- If a stock plot is ready to be handed to sales and you are prepared to accept it, ensure all keys are handed to you and ensure they are clearly labelled, recorded and are safely stored.
- In readiness for completion day, ensure the property clean and the gardens have been attended to. Prepare the house for handover with a handover form (get the Site Manager to read the water meter in advance), a front door hanger, toilet seals, champagne, welcome card and any literature that is to be left in the home. Make the day as special as possible for the customer.
- Following legal completion, call on your purchaser later in the day or the following day to make sure they are settling in and assist them with any enquiries they may have.
- Conduct regular and in-depth market research of competitors and the second hand market and submit to the Sales Co-Ordinator as instructed and on a monthly basis.
- Attend weekly site/sales and sales meetings with the Site Manager and Sales Manager respectively
- Attend monthly sales meetings at Head Office (or an alternative destination at the Sales Director’s discretion).
- Conduct a weekly website review of the property portals to check the details of your listings are correct.
- Provide suggestions for PR opportunities to the Sales Manager as often as possible as discussed within the weekly sales meetings
- To be pro-active and work closely with the Sales Manager and suggest ideas to achieve increased sales.
- Operate at all times within the boundaries of the law, maintaining a good working knowledge of the specific laws relating to selling property
- To undertake any reasonable task requested by the Sales Manger
- Always represent Millwood Designer Homes professionally in both personal appearance and conduct. The correct uniform must be worn at all times during working hours.
PERSON SPECIFICAITON – SALES ADVISOR
Essential criteria relevant to the job.
Skills, knowledge and aptitude:
- Communication and listening skills
- Negotiation skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to liaise with internal and external personnel
- Meeting deadlines
- Be smart and presentable
- Attention to detail
- Able to embrace training
Qualifications and training:
- GCSE grade A-C English and Mathematics or equivalent
- Sales experience, preferably in sector
- Current full driving licence
- Car owner