With moving home still on the cards for many this year, Sales and Marketing Director at Millwood Designer Homes, Philip Brown, discusses the 5 signs that now might be the right time to rightsize to a Millwood home.
Have the past few months given you the time to reflect on what you need from your home? Rightsizing – the decision to move to a home that better fits your lifestyle – is a choice that many homeowners will be looking to make following a period of reflection during lockdown. Whether you need a smaller home as your children have flown the nest, or if you need even more room to accommodate your growing number of grandchildren, now could be the right time to rightsize and find a home that perfectly suits you. If you are considering rightsizing, here are 5 signs that it may be time to make the move and find your perfect Millwood designer home:
1. You crave more time with your family. It might be that your current home is too small to host dinner parties and family gatherings, or you don’t have enough spare bedrooms for your grandchildren to stay the night. Moving to a property better suited to accommodate these things will mean that you get to spend more quality time with the people you love.
And, with a new build home, you will need to spend much less time completing any DIY jobs as everything is brand new, meaning you will have even more spare time to spend with your family.
2. Your current home no longer fits your needs. Growing families have different uses for a home than those whose children have flown the nest. A large amount of space in a three-storey property may not be what you want when you are an empty nester, and so downsizing to a smaller property such as a bungalow or chalet, such as those at Hawthornden, is a better option. Alternatively, you may require a bigger, more child-friendly space, and so a larger home may be exactly what you need.
3. You would like to save money. Purchasing a different type of property may release some spare equity for you to use, or save, as you wish. If you are looking for a smaller home, you may also be able to purchase your new home as a cash buyer and mortgage-free, saving you lots of money in the long term.
4. You enjoy working from home. If you’ve discovered that you can easily work from home during lockdown and you would like to continue to do so, a change in home may be exactly
what you’re looking for. If you’re working from home more regularly, you will be able to cut down on your daily commute, meaning the usual time spent travelling can instead be swapped for quality time with your loved ones.
5. You would like to lead a simpler lifestyle. Living in a new build property, large or small, your day-to-day life can be much simpler as everything is brand new. Every bit of DIY has been completed for you, leaving you time to put up pictures and spend time in the garden!
To find out more about rightsizing with Millwood, please visit www.millwooddesignerhomes.co.uk